Sunday, June 1, 2008

No queso fun

I keep forgetting to post about my Baja Fresh experience a few weeks ago.

Jason and I were out and about running errands and paying little attention to what time it was. And then the hunger hit both of us like a truck -- it was 2 p.m., we hadn't had lunch yet and neither one of us had eaten breakfast.

I don't really like fast food, but at that point we had no other option. I needed to fill my belly right away. There was no way I could make it all the way home without my stomach eating itself.

But because I don't eat much fast food, I felt a little helpless in that moment. I couldn't think of a single place that would accommodate vegans. I furiously googled away on my iPhone, trying to find a list of good candidates.

Jason picked up something in nugget form from McDonalds while I ended up at Baja Fresh, where the staff was super knowledgeable about their food and told me about several options on their menu. I ordered the grilled veggie burrito, which was stuffed full with peppers, onions, black beans and salsa.

Since I ordered it sans dairy, here's what my receipt looked like (the churro is Jason's, by the way):

No queso fun

The "no queso fun" part cracked me up. Poor vegan burrito. No cheese, no fun.

1 comment:

Vegan Dad said...

Hee hee. No queso fun. In fact, I forbid thee to have queso-less fun.