Monday, March 3, 2008

Awww. Itty-bitty cupcakes

Over the weekend I whipped up a batch of tiny chai cupcakes using this recipe from The Post Punk Kitchen. (Recipe also in "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.")

Chai latte mini cupcakes

There's no good reason why I made them mini. Only that miniature things are adorable.

Also, the recipe makes 12 regular-sized cupcakes, but when you make them mini you get 24. This is simple math, people.

Secretly I like to pretend that they are actually full-sized cakes, and I am Godzilla.

I've made these a few times before, and it seems to be a solid, reliable recipe. No matter what kind of crappy chai tea I use or how drastically I mis-measure the spices, the cupcakes somehow always turn out great. They're Maggie-proof.

This time around I substituted raspberry soy yogurt for the vanilla soy, (since the bastards at Trader Joes were out of vanilla) -- but I actually think the raspberry improved the flavor. They were so good, in fact, that my friends wrapped them up in napkins and took some to go.

It's always a good sign when your friends steal your food. I think.

No comments: