Sunday, March 16, 2008

Native Foods night

Staying at home on a Saturday night and watching the complete series of "Freaks and Geeks" isn't THAT lame, is it?

No, I didn't think so.

Anyway, last night in the desert was cold and yucky and some sort of water was falling from the sky, so I didn't feel like doing much of anything at all. I was all set to stay in and make the kasha phyllo pie from "Veganomicon," but ... um, did you know frozen phyllo has to be defrosted before you can use it? Yeah, I'm an idiot.

So I flopped onto the bed and dramatically wailed, "I give up!" then covered my head with a pillow.

Something about that scene inspired Jason to go to Native Foods to pick up dinner, so I need to remember that trick.

I got the tempeh reuben, which is a boring choice, but it's so delicious I don't care.

Hooray for recycled cardboard takeout boxes!

IMG_4816

I don't know what their Native "cheese" is made out of, but I could happily roll around in a vat of it for the rest of my life.

IMG_4823

I got a side of spicy native fries with my meal, because Thai coleslaw sounded altogether too healthy.

IMG_4833

No comments: