Monday, February 25, 2008

Tempeh, you saucy, brazen hussy

I'm salivating right now, just remembering how this tasted.

Tempeh wingz

This was my Oscar night comfort-food feast. Sauteed greens with garlic and shallots. A last-minute side of mini shells, olives, mushrooms and Earth Balance. (My original intent was to make mac and faux cheese, but I was out of nutritional yeast, so that plan flopped.)

And then the tempeh. Oh, the tempeh.

I made the wingz using this recipe from Don't Eat Off the Sidewalk. It was surprisingly quick and easy, which is everything you want your Oscar night meal to be since you've already had two big glasses of syrah and your eyes are already blurry and you can't seem to follow directions properly. (Or maybe that's just me.)

The tempeh is spicy and sweet and saucy and possibly the most perfect food I've had in months. Maybe years.

I thought maybe it was just the alcohol talking, but no. The tempeh wingz held up for some tasty lunch leftovers today.

1 comment:

peacechick said...

Oh my God, those look so good I just printed out the recipe. Have you had the "fish tacos" at Native Foods? Tempeh at it's finest.